Flower Vase

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Changes coming

Yes, changes are coming.  And as with most changes I am not sure how they will end up.  Since Eric retired he expressed a desire to start learning about fused glass and work with me in my studio.  I have often asked for his opinion about color or balance.  It is important to get a critical eye to spot a weak  design or to express an option I did not think of, because I work alone it is easy to lose perspective.  These are the reasons I call for his help and he has shown he has a good eye.  Just as he takes great photos his sense of balance and compisition can be used designing glass art work too.

This is the problem, where can we both work?  The studio is small and because of that I do most of my larger and messier work in the warmer months when I use the patio outside my studio. We would like to work year round and vacation or take time off whenever we want. We need a new space. Do we move, convert a room in our house near the studio, or finish off the garage? We are exploring all these options as I get ready for Silicon Valley's 25th year Open Studio.  I remember all those years participating as a looker and sometimes buyer.  Thinking someday I will offer my art work. I hope to have some answers by the end of May.  In the mean time more work and clean up and sorting to do by the opening on Mother's Day weekend  May 7 and 8.  I am signed up to show on the first 2 weekends so you have 4 days to stop by and visit my site.

No comments:

Followers