Flower Vase

Monday, February 21, 2011

Fantastic New Bottle Cutter

Below today's post there is a video showing a wine bottles being cut with the new bottle cutter from Delphi.  If interested you can check out the glass supplies at www.delphiglass.com.  I saw it offered this year online and later in their catalogue.  I know two people who have ordered it but, no reports yet about their success. I passed on buying one when it was offered at a special price and I probable will regret it.  I can always pay full price or wait for another sale.  If it is anywhere as good as the video this is even better and easier than using a wet saw and well worth the price.  I have used a wet saw and there is more glass loss and far far messier and wetter.  Using a wet saw is still more versatile when angled cut are desired.


Decorated wine bottle trays in front
 During the last few years I have used wine bottles to make trays, spoon rest, sushi and cheese platters.  I have added decorative features, handles and wire hooks to make them easier to use.  I still have many cases of clean bottles waiting to make vases, glasses and holders.  Between my wet saw and this cutter my summer project will be easier and faster.  Wow, here's a thought.  It would be a perfect demonstration to use for Open Studio in May.

No comments:

Followers