Flower Vase

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Members Only Art Show



Today I submitted 3 photos of glass styles for the Sun Gallery's members only show. If accepted I set them up the end of this month and they are available for showing and sale June 30Th through July 24Th. The work includes an iridescent shallow bowl, a free form draped vase with accents and a dropped floral vase with a stand.

It is nice to see the variety of work I can do in my studio. Ten years ago I was so hesitant to do more than the very basic of glass techniques. Hey, the classes really paid off. I almost took a class right here in San Jose last month, but there were not enough people signed up. It was for 4 weeks and covered unusual techniques. One was using a flower pot to melt glass in the kiln. I need to follow up and see when the next class is especially since I already paid.
I am going to try and add the 3 pictures I submitted and some of the ones I sent with the application for the Dicken's Fair. I was going to be joining 2 other artist, but we were not accepted. Look for the photos in the slideshow area and I will have one near this post.

No comments:

Followers