Flower Vase

Friday, February 13, 2009

Friday the 13Th

Friday the 13Th was never a bad day for me. In fact 13 is a good number. You get 13 with a bakers dozen. I was once in a class of 13. I signed the final papers on a house on February 13Th a number of years ago. And today my built in book cases will be started and finished by Sunday.

I know, what does this have to do with my glass you ask? Well, I am going to use some of the book cases in use now in my studio. This week has been very fruitful. I have been looking at necklace easels and jewelry display pieces and I had decided where I was going to buy them, when "bob and bob" sent out an email announcement that after 26 years they were closing their gift/book store. I needed to see the owners and while there I arranged to buy their jewelry display materials. The easel colors are light blue and rose. My fused glass will show up very well on these soft colors. I also, now, have some new clear plastic holders for earrings and some soft black half rounds for bracelets. The timing was great for me. I am glad I took so long deciding what and where to buy the displays I needed. And I love having a part of "bob and bob" with me, because I worked in the store from 1985 to 1995 and always thought that at some time I would work there sometime in the future. It is a loss to the Jewish community that we will not have Ellen and Shirley as our heart beat, but I know their spirit and caring will live in our hearts and memory.

No comments:

Followers