Flower Vase

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Strange things happen

Just when life seem to be quieting down and the weather is warming up all factors perfect for studio activity, I can't cut glass for a while. Who knew that a new eyeglass prescription would distort my perception. Mine did and it is throwing depth and angles off. I need to ease into wearing them full time. It may take up to two weeks. Good news is that I can read great and I have new frames, so all is not bad.

I am not going to waste this time though. I mentioned in a previous post that our family room was being redone. I did not expect to start till after President's weekend. I will be packing up my family room this weekend and getting it ready to repaint after 15 years and add new bookcases. I am having cabinet door frames made and I will be adding art glass inserts. I will have them cut to size for me. After I pick out the wall color I can decide on the glass colors. I have a nice lemony/straw yellow now and the colors for 2009 are yellows and purples. So I will look at the new yellows and maybe paint the bookcases a blue/gray that can pick up the other colors in the room. I'm not designing in my studio, but my family room is a perfect challenge right now. Now, if I got paid for my family room make over that would be perfect.

No comments:

Followers