Flower Vase

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Various Musings

Various musings just about covers the thoughts that have been mixing in my head this week. I was disappointed that I did not sell anything on the 17Th. I enjoyed the end results of the raffle I chaired that day. I enjoyed having my friend Lonnie help me with the raffle. We made the most money ever for "Next Door" and people were happy with the new raffle style. My friend Nancy had a successful day selling her foods to all the vendors, dancers, and guest. I hope she caters at the MEDCA events again. And the dancing was very good and this year they had the most attendance ever. Over 350 tickets sold!! Palo Alto is the right place to hold their winter event.

Then the week continued with our monthly art critique meeting. I brought 7 of the framed fused hand painted hamsas and henna designs. I got really good feed back on the styles and a few suggestions for improvements about presentation and how to make them more of an art piece rather than just small individual framed pieces.

The next day I stopped over at "bob and bob" in Los Altos. It was upsetting and so sad. Even though I never worked at the new store I felt a great sense of loss at the store's impending closing. They have been in business for 26 years and I had the wonderful opportunity to work for Ellen and Shirley for 10 years at the Forest Avenue location in Palo Alto. I went back on Sunday and bought a lot of necklace easels, jewelry display trays and various holders that I can use with my fused glass Dichroic jewelry.

I am starting a new project. Adding built in bookcases in out family/living room. They will have the regular shelves and doors, but I am going to have custom art glass inserted in a few of the door frames. After the frames are made and attached I will add the glass in a color that will compliment the new paint and remodeled room. It will update our home and give us added display and storage space. I need to have space to show off my glass along with the pottery and glass we have collected over the years. I hope to have everything done by the end of February. The hard part is packing everything up and deciding what to keep and where to place them on the finished shelves.

No comments:

Followers