Flower Vase

Monday, November 1, 2010

Festival Update

OK, here it is.  I have put it off long enough.  "The Too Life Festival" was not to successful for most of us this time around.  I covered my fee and a bit more, that is very disappointing after the last time I attended when I made very good sales. Everyone blamed the economy and that the event was in October instead of September as usual. And many people were busy with sports or weddings on 10/10/10, because attendance was lower than normal too.

After taking my time to repack and restock my shelves with my fused glass so that I can find what I need for later sales, I took some time off.  Since I worked all summer we postponed a short vacation.  Just got back from Pacific Grove.  Needed to recharge and the ocean really does that for me.  In fact water in general does that for me.  Must be because I grew up living 50 feet from a river.

I am back and all set to work. One of the people stopping at my booth asked about any classes I offered.  After following up with her she came this weekend and completed a plate. Sunday I was ready to fire her project and my kiln kept on making alarm sounds. Just great I thought.  In addition to her firing I needed to make a few more items for a holiday boutique.  My kiln is only 3 years old.  Called my distributor and after hearing the sound using my cell phone he figured out that it is a broken relay not a broken alarm. New part on the way. 

No comments:

Followers