Flower Vase

Friday, November 26, 2010

Kiln shut down

Terrible timing last month, I had a private session scheduled on 10/31 that went well. After she left and the glue dried it was time to start firing and I found out the controller went kaput.  Crapped out, failed and with the most awful noise.  Called my  kiln distributor and the end result, best guess, is that the relay died.  Waited for the replacement and it did not work.  Back to square one waiting for more new parts, throw in a vacation before Thanksgiving and end result no work done since the beginning of October.

The new parts came today and it still does not sound right.  Will try a trial firing this weekend.  If it does not work properly, it will be time to call in a repairman.  I never expected a big problem so soon.  Of course it happened within 6 months of the warranty period. I do not use it every day and not with high firings, so it is a bit unusual.  Need to continue to prepare for my next holiday show in December with something else.

No comments:

Followers