Flower Vase

Monday, October 5, 2009

Inspiration finally arrives

Yes, inspiration finally arrives!

I have been in such a slump I thought it was never going to end.

We just finished a lovely road trip to Canada with a week stay in Banff. I heard it was a beautiful place and we have been to many beautiful state and national parks in the United States, but the sheer variety of landscapes we experiences was overwhelming. Many of the places we visited were indeed assume. You could go to one place for hours and see the lake, or mountain, or glacier and never view it the same way twice. The clouds, sun, shadows, even the wind changes the view. The colors of the lakes and rivers range from blues to greens, to aquamarine. Often these colors appeared in the same body of water in various degrees. These colors are due to the run of glaciers milk. The ground up rock and soil mixes with the glacier's melted waters.

The shifts in the landscape is are so beautiful that words fail to describe what I saw. Because I was sure I could not remember all the colors, I took massive amounts of photos. I do not usually do this, but I wanted to capture the scenes that nature provided so freely.

I am going to develop a series of work using the colors I found so inspiring. I will try a reproduce some of the water colors in my pieces. I don't know if they will be useful or decorative art pieces or wearable art. The first thing I need to do is find the right pieces of glass and glass paints. I may, also, use special photo paper that I can copy some of the images I have and fuse it between glass.

This trip was as good as taking a fuse glass class for inspiration and for recharging a part of me that has been neglected for way too long.

No comments:

Followers